Akorn Cruise Handling Sustainability Policy
Akorn Cruise Handling is committed to providing travel that enhances and changes lives.
Our mission is to be the first choice for high-quality, safe ground handling services throughout the regions we operate. Our business is global, and our aim is to offer experiences and services that support a long-term sustainability policy that minimizes negative effects on the natural and social environment. Akorn Cruise Handling supports business partners and guests towards increased sustainability awareness and culture.
Scope of Application
This policy applies to Akorn Cruise Handling and to any contractor performing work on their behalf and covering their activities globally. Responsibility for ensuring that Akorn Cruise Handling complies with this policy starts with senior management and continues throughout the cruise department.
Tourism has the potential to enrich the fabric and spirit of fragile destinations. We believe passionately that travel should both respect the natural environment and benefit the local communities we visit. As a global ground handling operator, we recognize that the environment, communities and cultures within which we operate are vital to our business growth.
Our leadership team is committed to implementing sustainable development throughout the business, fostering a responsible and forward-thinking mind-set. All our teams and everyone we work with is treated in a way that respects their human rights. We are committed to operating with integrity, accountability, and transparency and focused on long-term financial performance and resilience.
Akorn Cruise Handling commits to:
- Embed sustainable development principles into core business practices.
- Use its collective influence to drive sustainability within the ground handling industry.
- Actively and positively engage with the communities in which we operate, taking a leadership role to champion causes that are important to the community.
- Foster a sensible use of local resources and take responsibility for the entire life cycle of products and services we use.
- Understand and respect the needs of stakeholders, including clients, colleagues, shareholders, suppliers, industry partners and local communities.
- Comply with, and exceed where practicable, all relevant legislation, act in advance of new legislation and employ best practice.
- Ensure excursions take place in the most positive way possible and to the best benefit of local people and cultural and natural heritage. We will avoid excursions that are socially and culturally unacceptable.
- We operate according to our corporate values and are committed to preventing corruption and bribery in all its forms and do not tolerate it in our business or in those with whom we do business
- To review, report, and to continually strive to improve our sustainability performance.
- To ensure accountability and transparency in our sustainability performance.
In order to put the above-mentioned commitments into practice, Akorn Cruise Handling will:
- Optimise the environmental, economic and social impact of operations, by embedding sustainability across the entire product life-cycle and throughout supply chain management.
- Provide a safe, healthy, and enriching work environment for our employees and stakeholders.
- Protect natural resources and biodiversity under our business influence, prevent pollution and reduce negative impacts wherever possible and continually improve Akorn cruise environmental performance.
- Conserve resources and reduce waste, water & energy consumption in Akorn cruise offices.
- Support good relationships and the development of local communities, respecting their culture and heritage.
- Favour suppliers and contractors that promote sustainable development and encourage clients to select sustainable options
- Where available, preference is given to excursions that are operated in accordance with acknowledged and controlled sustainability standards.
- Our company does not offer excursions and attractions in which captive wildlife is held, except for properly regulated activities in compliance with local, national and international law.
- Provide continuous awareness, training and support to our teams worldwide, including permanent and seasonal staff, ensuring that they are committed to sustainable development initiatives.
- Achieve Travelife certification, monitor our sustainability performance and report our progress regularly.
For any questions and feedback surrounding our sustainability policy, please contact us.
Travelife Partner Status
The following DMCs are Travelife Partners:
- Akorn Australia
- Akorn New Zealand